Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What a night, what a game.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
WHAT A GAME!!!!


I haven't seen a Miami-Jets Divisional game like that in a very long time. I know that I recently got back into football
The last time I was really in to Dolphin football Dan Marino was playing as a rookie. I have to admit that the Dolphins
were not looking good in the start of this season. I mean The Dolphins secondary can't block for shit, Ted Ginn Jr. seems like he can't catch when it counts then the shoulder pop heard around the division (for the third time). Pennington suffers
a season ending, possibly career ending, injury to his shoulder. Talk about when it rains it pours. Its seems that all is lost in
the sad city known as Miami.

Well, not this fucking time!


All of sudden the Dolphins bring out the QB that they have been grooming for almost a year and a half.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Chad Henne.


This guy couldn't have come at a better time. Don't get me wrong Pennington will always be the QB that brought us out of the darkness that was the 2007, 1-17, season that really brought this whole team into the stone age of shit. And coming up against the Jets with the second strongest defense in the league as well as very gifted rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez. It was mezmorizing for me that game ranks up there with Giants vs Patriots at Superbowl 42. I haven't seen that many lead changes since Doctor Who. The energy you could feel from space and on top of all that in was in front of a national audience. What a way to say "Hello America" The Jets played better than I've ever seen. This team is going to be tough everytime the Dolphins play them, but you know what I've never been happier to see the improvement both teams have made.
Miami still has alot of kinks to work out and it's only going to take time to do. I can wait especially if the games are going to be as heart stopping as this was.


On a personal note I think I truly happy about the fact that brings back memories of when I was a kid and My Dad and I shared every Suday during the 1980s. My Dad has always been a big NY Jets fan and since I was raised in Miami my whole life I naturally became a Dolphins fan I think is also helped that Dan Marino was on fire in the 1980s. He was just unstoppable as a Quarterback and my how things fell apart once he left. In a way we have our Sunday's back and team rivalry that is closer to home. I've never really been a competative person but the Dolphinse has always been an outlet. The best part about it is that the teams are no longer lop sidded. The Jets and the Dolphins I feel are finally even matched. They both play hard and have great offences. So now I can't sit at the edge of my seat as I can look back with the future like driving to your old house after you've been away. Things have changed but it is filled with so many memories.
Go Dolphins and bring on the Jets.

1 comment: